Life Sciences. Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have transformed people's lives.
Corning's businesses and markets are constantly evolving. Today, Corning is a global leader in five vital market segments:
- Display Technologies – glass substrates for LCD flat panel televisions, computer monitors, laptops, and other consumer electronics
- Environmental Technologies – ceramic substrates and diesel filters for emission control systems
- Optical Communications – optical fiber, cable, and hardware and equipment for telephone and Internet communication networks
- Life Sciences – glass and plastic labware, as well as label-free technology, media, and reagents for cell culture, genomics, and bioprocessing applications
- Specialty Materials – cover glass for consumer electronics, advanced optics, and specialty glass solutions for a number of industries
Corning Life Sciences
Who would have predicted that an 1851 investment in a glass company would help revolutionize the 21st century? Corning's remarkable innovations over the past 160 years are largely the result of the company's unwavering commitment to the art of discovery; the highest standards of quality, consistency and performance excellence; and our Values.
From light bulbs, television tubes and cookware...to multi-layer and permeable cell culture vessels, label-free assay detection technology and Gorilla Glass, Corning has developed products that change the way we live - for the better.